Saturday, April 14, 2012

TNT Calendar Shoot - Pet Photos

Last July I was very honoured when my friend and fellow photographer, Kelly from LaCrosse Photography asked if I would help her with a very special project.  She would be working on a Calendar that would help raise money for Breast Cancer.  This is something near and dear to my heart because in 2003 my mother was diagnosed with stage 4 Breast Cancer; and thankfully, she fought it and so far has won.  The calendar would be starring our amazing friends Kathy & Ged; who are the owners of the Sheer Insanity Monster Truck Racing Team.  Ged drives Sheer Insanity while Kathy, who is also the only female Monster Truck driver in Canada; drives the hot pink camo coloured TNT.  TNT is driven to help raise Breast Cancer awareness & fundraise as well.  Kathy & Ged are two of the most amazing people I have ever met and I am very proud to call them friends.  (be sure to check out Kathy's website about her fundraising and amazing truck TNT - CRUSHING FOR THE CURE!)

It was a very long shoot (we clocked in around 12 hours) on the acreage that Kathy & Ged own and live on with their two dogs, two horses and cats as well.  I found out that the coulees can be as hot as an asphalt
tarmac when it comes to reflecting the heat as the temps soared to over 30C.  Despite the heat however, we had an amazing time and while we shot, there was also an amazing BBQ going on simultaneously so there were tons of great people and fun to be had.  

While Kelly shot the photos for the calendar itself, I was in charge of taking pull back shots of her working (the behind the scenes if you will); the BBQ photographs as well as photographing the Canines & Equines.  

With so much chaos going on while I still lived in Medicine Hat, it has taken a long time to finally be able to announce that ALL my pet photos from the shoot have finally been completed.  Here are just a few of my favourite photos from this shoot!   You can also check out Kelly's blog post about our adventuresome day on her blog HERE as well!

I hope you all enjoy these photos as much as we all do and that you all check out the amazing SHEER INSANITY RACING TEAM & LACROSSE PHOTOGRAPHY as well!  I cannot thank them both enough for sharing this amazing day with them, it was a day I will never forget!






































No comments:

Post a Comment